Masahiro Sasabe received the B.S., M.E., and Ph.D. degrees from Osaka University, Japan, in 2001, 2003, and 2006, respectively. He was an Assistant Professor with the Cybermedia Center, Osaka University from 2004 to 2007, an Assistant Professor of Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University from 2007 to 2014. He is currently an Associate Professor of Division of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan.
My main research interest is to achieve sustainable social systems under the competitive behavior among individuals. I usually utilize mathematical models, e.g., Integer linear programming (ILP), for optimal system design, and game theoretic approaches for distributed control. The following are examples of recent research themes.
- Selfish yet Optimal Control based on Game Theoretic Approaches
- Selfish yet Optimal Routing in Road Networks
- Selfish yet Optimal Service Chaining in NFV Networks
- Network Optimization for Large-Scale Content Distribution
- ILP-based Optimaility Analysis of BitTorrent-like P2P Content Distribution
- Human-Harmonized Automatic Evacuation Guiding and Risk Analysis using Geographical Big Data
- Automatic Evacuation Guiding based on Implicit Collaboration among Evacuees, Mobiles, Network, and Edge Server
- Route Selection for Speedy, Safety, and Capacity-aware Evacuation
- Road Network Risk Analysis using Geographic Big Data
- Vulnerability Analysis of Competitive Information Diffusion
- Epidemiology-inspired Vulnerability Analysis of Competitive Pull-based Broadcast
- Distributed Cooperative Control for Large-Scale IoT Networks
Publications (Recent 5 years / All）
Masahiro Sasabe.Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications, May 2019.
Masahiro Sasabe, Kodai Fujii, Shoji Kasahara.Environment and Planning B: Urban Analytics and City Science, October 2018.
Masahiro Sasabe.Computer Networks, 139:60-69, July 2018.
Geographical Risk Analysis Based Path Selection for Automatic, Speedy, and Reliable Evacuation Guiding Using Evacuees' Mobile DevicesTakanori Hara, Masahiro Sasabe, Shoji Kasahara.Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, May 2018.
Automatic Evacuation Guiding Scheme Based on Implicit Interactions between Evacuees and Their Mobile NodesNobuhisa Komatsu, Masahiro Sasabe, Jun Kawahara, Shoji Kasahara.GeoInformatica, 22(1):127-141, January 2018.
Chaimongkol Limpianchob, Masahiro Sasabe, Shoji Kasahara.International Journal of Operational Research, 2018.
Junki Itoi, Masahiro Sasabe, Jun Kawahara, Shoji Kasahara.Scientific Phone Apps and Mobile Devices, 3(1):1-10, December 2017.
Congestion-Aware Route Selection in Automatic Evacuation Guiding Based on Cooperation between Evacuees and Their Mobile NodesYuki Kasai, Masahiro Sasabe, Shoji Kasahara.EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 2017(164):1-11, October 2017.
Masashi Hasegawa, Masahiro Sasabe, Tetsuya Takine.IEICE Transactions on Communications, E97.B(12):2650-2657, December 2014.
Yoshiaki Taniguchi, Masahiro Sasabe, Takafumi Watanabe, Hirotaka Nakano.TheScientificWorldJournal, 2014:1-7, August 2014.
K. Habibul Kabir, Masahiro Sasabe, Tetsuya Takine.International Journal of Autonomous and Adaptive Communications Systems, 2014.
Tomohiro Nishida, Masahiro Sasabe, Shoji Kasahara.Proc. of 27th International Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference (ITNAC), November 2017.
Short and Reliable Path Selection for Automatic Evacuation Guiding Based on Interactions Between Evacuees and Their Mobile DevicesTakanori Hara, Masahiro Sasabe, Shoji Kasahara.Mobile Web and Intelligent Information Systems, 10486:33-44, July 2017.
Nobuhisa Komatsu, Masahiro Sasabe, Shoji Kasahara.Mobile Web and Intelligent Information Systems, 9847:213-221, August 2016.
Andrei E. Tuchin, Masahiro Sasabe, Shoji Kasahara.Proc. of 22nd Asia-Pacific Conference on Communications (APCC), August 2016.
Nobuhisa Komatsu, Masahiro Sasabe, Jun Kawahara, Shoji Kasahara.Mobile Web and Intelligent Information Systems, 9228:3-14, August 2015.
Tomotaka Kimura, Tsubasa Matsuura, Masahiro Sasabe, Takahiro Matsuda, Tetsuya Takine.Proc. of 2015 International Conference on Information Networking (ICOIN), January 2015.
- Social System Theory
- Information Science and Engineering PBL I/II & Intelligent Cyber-Physical Systems PBL I